Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Shopping List

In preparation for doing an AG recipe in the hopefully not to distant future I've come across a few items that I need.

1 - Mash Paddle, needed to stir the grains as they steep
1 - General Idea of what I'm going to be making (Grain Bill, hops, yeast)
1 - Method of keeping the hot water tank above the mash tun, I'm going to have to improvise in the short term until I can build a stand for just this logistical problem.
1 - Some sort of kit for testing my water quality. PH has a huge effect on grain utilization I've heard. I have some items left over from the days of fish tanks, should suffice for PH. I can also get a water quality report from the city showing various levels of chemicals. If any are too far out of whack I'll have to find out how to balance them.

Additionally:

1 - Packet of champaign yeast to restart a stalled fermentation of the Dunkleweizen (stuck at 1.024 for 2 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment