Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lets get this party started

This will be my basic introduction post under the hubristic nom de plume of 'Brew Master'. I am no such thing, although we all have aspirations. I've created this blog in order to track/chronicle my growth as a home brewer.

My personal basics are as follows: I am a 41 year old married father living in Iowa working an average desk job in the IT world. Over the years I have developed a passion for good beer. Originally this passion was only indulged on the consumption side from public establishments up until a good friend of mine brought me on board in the hobby of creating my own beer. I participated in a few brewing sessions to learn the basics before diving in myself.

I have been brewing on my own now since February of 2012, beginning with simple extract kits. As of the start of this blog I have made the investment in the necessary equipment to begin my foray into All Grain brewing.

I am a member of my local home brew club (heretofore known as LHBC), and through the club I participate in a variety of public functions from outreach to competitions. My home brewing community is quite active with dozens of members at every meeting, growing larger even from the short time that I have been a member.

This should be an adventurous year coming in 2013 for my brewing goals. Feel free to follow along as I try, fail, and hopefully succeed in both my short term and long term goals.

Thanks for reading.

Brew Master

No comments:

Post a Comment