Saturday, December 8, 2012

Keg Setup

So if anyone was interested in seeing my bar/keg setup, here is a brief overview. This is my dual tower with the drain. The drain snakes under the bar and goes into the sink installed in the counter, the counter is out of the pictures to the left. Comes in quite handy to have the drain rather than just a drip tray.

Having two is nice for variety.
 Next up is the kegerator that sits below the bar. Notice that the air tank sits on the outside to the right. I could move this inside as well as I have room in the back of the kegerator. I have a single line for air going into the top, and the dual beer lines coming out of the top as well. The kegerator is offset to the left of the tap by about 18 inches, thats the only place I could put it due to the structural support incorporated into the bar (The maroon/red 4x4 seen just behind the CO2 tank, which can also be seen above directly behind the tower).


Inside the kegerator I can only fit the two 5 gallon corneys due to headspace in the back of the fridge being lower than the front. In the future I plan to invest in a couple of 3 gallon corneys as well and be able to keep 4 styles in the fridge, even tho I can only have two on tap. It is easy enough to use quick disconnects to swap back and forth.


Here you can see the limit of the headspace in the back (which contains the compressor for the cold plate). The CO2 line that comes in from the top is split with a T fitting in order to run two kegs at once. A much cheaper option than a dual regulator (another future purchase).


And that is my setup. It took a couple years to finish my basement, but it was all worth it.


Here is the rough finish on the bar, prior to the tower being installed in front of the support pillar. You can see the countertop with sink with the mirroed backing. Underneath the counter is where I put the fermentors, both empty and full.


No comments:

Post a Comment