Saturday, January 19, 2013

Next Brew

I know it will still be a few weeks before I brew again, but it is already in the planning stages.

I'm going for a Blue Moon Belgian White clone. I've researched a number of different recipes up to now and I think I have a good feeling for what it needs. I haven't quite built out the recipe list for what I'm going to use yet though.

My friend from Aurora (you know who you are) very generously got me a gift certificate to NB that will be utilized, along with a few other purchases. One thing I don't know if they have yet is the right adjuncts. A Blue Moon thread on HBT talks of specific dried orange peel to use, the commentor was one of the brewers that helped develop the beer back in the 90's.

Once I get the grain bill, adjuncts, and yeast decided, I will post the recipe and brew day schedule that I plan to use.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Blue Moon, it holds a special place in my heart as it was one of those beers that launched my beer snobbery at Old Chicago.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment